Tuesday, November 6, 2012

End of Days Playlist


Someone was asking me recently about music and labor. I found music so therapeutic at the end of my pregnancy and during the difficult parts of my labor. Music can be so healing. It can be very spiritual. It can help you find strength. It can help set your frame of mind. It can help set a mood. Music did all of these things just when I needed it.

I thought I would share my playlist with you.

Imogen Heap- The fire, Sleep,
Zoe Keating- Fern, We insist, Legions, Frozen angels
The Innocence Mission- Happy bday, It is well, A wave is holding
Iron and Wine-Great heights, Love and some verses
Rising Appalachia- Across blue ridge mntns
Besides Daniel- Buckets
The Brilliance- Breath, Shephard strong
The Album Leaf- The light, Tied knots
Neko Case- Hold on
Noise Ratchet- A way to the heart
Sufjan Stevens- Transfiguration, To be alone with you, Happy bday
Jeff Buckley- Hallelujah
Feist- Intuition
Of Monsters and Men- Slow and steady, Love love love
Explosions in the Sky- Its natural to be afraid, Your hand in mine
Bon Iver-Perth
Little Dragon-Twice
St. Peter St. Paul Cathedral Choir
Molly Parden- Song for my mother
Tyler Lyle- For love to come, She dreams in colour, Love story,
Azure Ray- Safe and sound
Marissa Nadler- Love again
Rosie Thomas- Paper airplane
Coldplay- Now my feet won't touch the ground, God put a smile on your face
Sigar Ros
Angus and Julia Stone- Hold on
Ingred Michaelson-  Keep breathing

No comments:

Post a Comment