Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Baby Bed.....

Four years ago, I bought an IKEA crib that converted to a toddler bed for a steal. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere around 50 bux. This past week, my lovely two boys killed the crib. It still has useful parts. But in all reality, it is no longer useful to use as a crib.

So, where will the baby sleep?

I started on a project last month, trying to make a baby hammock. I finished sewing the hammock pretty fast, but never got around to the "hanging" part. Then a couple of weeks ago, my amazing friend Julie asked if I wanted her old Amby bed for parts. Duh. Yes. I do. She and her amazing family came to church this morning and dropped off the Amby bed and I finally got a chance to put it together at the closing of the day.

Here is what it looks like:

Now that we have this awesome set up, I am able to take a picture of the hammock that I made to show you all. I'm thinking that since we have our bedroom in the attic, we'll hang one there and put the other one downstairs. I'm very excited about this. Also, I made my hammock a bit short. So I think the baby might outgrow the one I made sooner than I'd hope, but that's ok because we have back up! The Amby bed is longer than the one I made.












To the right, you can see the hammock that I made. It's actually very similar. Not very creative. I did add a little color though. I haven't finished making the sheets for this one, but the sheets will match the yellow/goldish pattern on the front panel. I'm very excited! It's making me feel more ready for this baby. Since we already have most things for this baby (seeing as I just had two boys in a row), it's nice to nest and prepare.

Anyhow- that's the gist of my current project. If anyone has any questions about fabrics that I used and patterns- I may have some notes somewhere that I took while making it.... but I don't always pattern while I sew. I tend to just "eye-ball" things. Feel free to ask questions though, and I'll do my best to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment