Monday, April 16, 2012

We Have Found a Replacement!!!



So this past week has included some much needed R&R and some time spent researching cars. Dale was really awesome during his "Spring Break" and took over ALL household duties so that I could rest. By Thursday, I was starting to really start to feel a difference. Today, I am so very thankful that I was able to take a break. Aside from a few lingering aches I am feeling so much better.  So, Dale went and checked out one of the vans we were looking at today. But before I get into that, I'll give you our strategy. We don't do car payments. We have enough payments in life (student loans, mortgage, bills, bills, bills, etc) , and prefer to stay away from an additional payment if we can. So, when I say that we were looking at cars, we don't look at car lots, but through individual sellers. Dale had our tax returns set aside in savings, and little did we know that we were going to "get" to spend that on a new car. When I wrecked our Honda, I had already put our Ford on the market. My plans were to sell that and use that money to put towards a van. We needed a van since we're about to have baby #4. Wellllllll, when I wrecked the Honda, we decided to simply replace the Honda with a van and keep the Ford. 

Which puts us to this morning. 

We were looking at vans. 

I had put in some calls to some people whose vans I was coveting and wound up setting up a test drive. Dale took his dad and went for a test drive. And well, it turns out we had a winner. I didn't expect to find a winner so fast! But looks like we found a pretty good van for a very small amount of money (well, a lot for us, but very little in terms of automobiles). 

Now I feel like I can finally start moving past all of the nonsense from the last few weeks. All loose ends are finally starting to wrap up and things might even start getting back to normal in the very near future. 

Now I just praise God for having an amazing husband who so wisely sets funds aside for days like today, who says "No" to eating out every now and then, has taught me how not to be so much of an impulse buyer, and I thank God for giving us the resources to be able buy this van today.

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you. Glad it all worked out! I'm trying to convince Aaron that I need a van but that's hard to do since we only have one kid. LOL I have always wanted a van. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete